Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day!! <3

Our Valentines Day didn't start out exactly as we had planned. We were going to get up early adn watch the sunrise, but neither Nathan or I are the greatest at getting up early- so we were a little behind schedule...It turned out to be fabulous anyway. We went on my favorite drive up the Bush Highway and stopped off at Saguaro Lake.



Then after our little drive through the desert, we headed back to the apartement for breakfast and....
my Valentines presents! Nathan totally spoiled me this year. He got me a teddy bear (that smelled like chocolate), a vase that he painted himself in my two favorite colors- brown and green, a zoo membership, and a heartshaped diamond necklace!!


The necklace was gorgeous! I was excited because it match my engagement ring perfectly! It was white gold with 8 small diamonds.


The flowers were beautiful too! Nathan knows I don't like roses, so he got me mostly daisies (my favorite flower.) He told me that he would love me until the last flower wilted.

Don't worry, one is fake. ;-)

After breakfast, we took a nap and then went to the zoo! I was so excited to get the membership because our apartment is right down the street from the Phoenix zoo. It was really fun! Nathan hadn't been to the zoo since first grade! We packed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and sun chips and ate them for lunch as we walked around.


Lions....
Tigers...
Bears...
oh my!!


Yee-haw!!
the monkey wanted our butterfinger- he kept waving at us! it was cute.

It was a fun day. =)

0 comments: