Tuesday, June 8, 2010

they can spot a sucker from a mile away

I had gone home from the pottery shop one too many times with rough, dry hands. While Nathan and I were out buying a new printer for the business, I convinced him to stop by Bath and Body Works with me. I went for some kind of scrub that would get the clay off my hands at the end of the night and some lotion....


Nathan: We are just here to get what we need, and then we are leaving.

Tarin: I have to look around a little, I haven't been to this store in forever, I don't know exactly what they have...

*Tarin spots a variety of scrubs on the tester counter (exactly what we need!), and asks the sales lady where they are located in the store.

Sales Lady #1: They are right over here, let me show you. Oh, by the way, these ARE part of the signature collection, which are buy 3 get 3 free right now.

*Tarin looks up at Nathan with a big smile!

Nathan: That's how they sucked me in at Christmas time!! (For those of you who don't know or remember, Nathan bought me a ton of bubble bath for Christmas)

Tarin: Well...I am just going to look and see what else they have...


I got 3 of these; they are, after all, one of the things we came for...

Two different lotions...

And one body wash! (Which I have fallen in love with, and might have to go back to buy the whole line!)

Nathan: Ok, let's go now.

Tarin: Oh! We need soap for that bathroom too!

So I picked up one foaming anti-bacterial that I thought smelled nice and headed to the check out counter.

Sales Lady #2 (ringing up the soap): Oh, were you not going to take advantage of the 4 for $15?

Tarin: What?

Sales Lady #2: All the soaps are 4 for $15. They are usually $5 a piece. I think the sale makes them about $3.50

*Tarin thinks to herself, That sounds reasonable... And walks over and picks out 3 more pumps of soap.

A quick shopping trip for scrub and lotion turned into 10 items and $55. Boy! What a sucker am I!?! ...At least I will a nice smelling sucker. HA!

0 comments: