Saturday, March 28, 2009

our FABULOUS reception

Our reception turned out simply fabulously. About a week before the wedding I was worried because the weather report said it was going to be cold and rainy! =s Lucky for us, there wasn't a cloud in sight and the temperature was lovely. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.

I've always wanted to have my reception outside, rather in the cultural hall at the church. My Bishop was nice enough to let us use his gorgeous back yard. It turned out so cute!!


Here's a snap shot of the center pieces- copper basins with custom bottles of root beer.

I designed the root beer labels to match our brown and green theme. Root beer wasn't the only yummy thing served at the reception. We had a chocolate fountain with fresh fruit and other fun things for dipping, homemade cheese balls and crackers, veggies, and my favorite- chicken salad sandwiches! Oh, and of course:


Cake!!

We had no idea what we were doing. Luckily we had a very experienced wedding photographer that walked us through the cake cutting process.


I told Nathan he better be nice...

I caved to the peer pressure and was actually made the first move with the cake smears.

Cake kisses. =p


Nice enough to wipe my face for me.

We got a little bit on the dress- it's a good thing we chose white frosting!

It was so fun to see so many of our friends and family!





Nathan reeeeally didn't want to dance at the reception- he was nervous, but he did it anyway, because he loves and he's an awesome husband. Our first dance was to "To Be Loved" by Ronan Keating.
The song of a little bird
The joy in three little words
I know it's real,
this is how it feels
To be loved by you
The stars from a midnight sky
The melody from a lullaby
There's nothing real,
that I wouldn't steal
To be loved by you
To be loved by you
If everybody knows,
it's only 'cause it shows
A smile to put you on a high
A kiss that sets your soul alight
Would it be all right
if I spent tonight
Being loved by you
So carry on
carry me
away from here
All my days
'til the twilight of my life
I know what it is I need
It's clear as a shallow stream
It's as it seems,
my only dreams
To be loved by you


I danced with my daddy to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland

Look at the two of you dancing that way
Lost in the moment and each others face
So much in love your alone in this place
Like there's nobody else in the world
I was enough for her not long ago
I was her number one
She told me so
And she still means the world to me
Just so you know
So be careful when you hold my girl
Time changes everything
Life must go on
And I'm not gonna stand in your way
But I loved her first
and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it still hard to give her away
I loved her first
How could that beautiful women with you
Be the same freckle face kid that I knew
The one that I read all those fairy tales to
And tucked into bed all those nights
And I knew the first time I saw you with her
It was only a matter of time
But I loved her first
and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
Someday you might know what I'm going through
When a miracle smiles up at you
I loved her first

Of course, I cried. I always do when I hear that song- even when I am just driving in my car. I'm a daddy's girl.



Me and my girls dancing the Cha Cha Slide


All the single ladies together for the bouquet toss. I aimed for Kassi- but...

Two of the little girls from my ward caught it.

Goin' for the garter!
Finishing up the event with the garter toss.
It was a really fun day, and the reception just flew by- I wish it could have lasted a little longer- but naturally, we were excited to head off on our honeymoon. We went from the reception to the new Sheraton in downtown Phoenix and headed out early in the morning to Long Beach, CA to catch our cruise!

1 comments:

Kassi said...

Your reception was awesome and so much fun! Gotta love us doing the Cha Cha Slide!