Thursday, August 27, 2009

stitches part 1: the pillows

We decided that our throw pillows needs a face lift; They were beginning to look at little bit ratty. So I headed out to JoAnne's and bought some fabulous fabric, and we borrowed a sewing machine from Nathan's mom and I went to work!

I hadn't used a sewing machine in ages- like since junior high! But it was just like riding a bike, it all came back to me, as natural as anything. And recovering the pillows was surprisingly easy.

Pillow #1 Before....

Pillow #1 After!

I like the way these turned out! I think the material is fancy lookin'! AND it was on clearance, which makes it even better! =p

Pillow #2 Before....


Pillow #2 After!
The flowers are all embroidered on the material with some random brown sequins. Much cuter than that old patchwork- in my opinion.


Pillow #3 Before....

Pillow #3 After! This blue is going to be our new accent color. It POPS!


When Nathan and I were at IKEA we wound up buying some pillow forms too- I didn't get any before pictures, but this is what one of them looked like afterwards.

The pillows look so much nicer now, and Buster has shown no interest in playing with them or tearing them up since they've been recovered- which is a tremendous blessing!


So there they are! The latest addition to the Tarin R Lunt home decor collection.
More pieces to come!

0 comments: