Friday, November 6, 2009

dave's emergency surgery

"Hey Nathan, Tarin- what happened to your dryer vent?"

Oh....That's what happened.

My dad came over to check out the progress on the house, and while we were in the laundry room, discussing our plans- Dave decided that he wanted to come in there too-- via the dryer vent!

He got his head stuck. I went around to the back yard to try and free his head, but it wouldn't come out, so I pushed his head all they way through the hole so it was around his neck. Meanwhile, Nathan was on the other side of the wall, pushing the vent out of the wall.

That's how Dave got that nifty square collar!

It was so funny- and weird- I had to go out to the car and get the camera!


Of course, we can't have a puppy running around with a dryer vent around his neck- so we did an emergency surgery to have it removed.


Luckily, my dad was there to hold Dave- while I took pictures to document the event.



It only took a few snips with the bolt cutter...

...and Nathan was able to snap it apart.

Free at last!!


The poor little guy's heart was racing so fast! Did he learn though? Of course not! We had to leave the dogs in the backyard while we ran some errands, and when we came home Dave was in the garage. He had climbed through the same hole.

Goodness! What will they do next?

1 comments:

Kassi said...

Hahaha this is the best story with a very happy ending! I have to say I got all nervous when I read the heading of the post and thought the worst but I'm glad Dr. Nathan and his assistant Paul Sanders could fix Dave all up! And I can't believe how big he is getting! We need to hang out again and very, very soon!!!!