Friday, October 29, 2010

happy owl-o-ween!

I don't know why- but for some reason I have been an owl kick lately. So I decided that this year I would give Halloween an Owl theme.

It all started with my custom carved pumpkin. I finally got around to painting it, a week before Halloween! I got my inspiration from an owl plate I saw at As You Wish, and it turned into this:





Doesn't it look so cool- when it's lit up?


I couldn't just stop with the pumpkin though, oh no, I had to make...


...owl cupcakes!!


How cute are those?!
I combined two different owl cupcake designs I found online. I think they turned out pretty well though.


And to keep my in an owl mood while I baked and painted:


Of course, I had to watch the Labyrinth! I need an owl movie and I couldn't watch just one Harry Potter movie. If you are going watch the HP you need a marathon, and I didn't have that kind of time. So I settled for David Bowie turning into an owl and singing with his muppet goblin minions.

So now you might be asking yourself, what candy is Tarin going to hand out for Halloween? They don't make owl candy.... Well my friends, I am handing out Tootsie pops. First, because I hate them and if there is any left over candy I don't want the temptation since I am starting a new diet November 1.

And secondly- THERE IS AN OWL IN THE COMMERCIAL!! duh.



Happy Owl-O-Ween Everyone!!!

1 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

Love the owl kick you are on! Your pumpkin turned out awesome and those are the cutest cupcakes!