Thursday, March 10, 2011

2 years!

Happy Anniversary to us (a few days ago!) We made it through our second year of marriage and are now on to our third. And bad news for those of you who bet we'd be pregnant by our second anniversary- we're not!

Then:

Now:


Yup! We're still in love! And while I don't think that this past year will go down in history as one of our best years, it was definitely a learning experience. We went through so much- mostly though, taking over the ceramic business. Being with the one you love practically 24 hours a day and having to "work" together isn't the easiest thing in the world. With it, comes grumpiness, head butting, loads of stress, arguing, irritability.... it's not all bad though. Sometimes it was really nice to have the one you love right near by whenever you want. It's great when you are at the end of your rope and just need a hug or a shoulder to cry on for a while. But it is hard.

After making several little adjustments, I think we are finally finding our footing and a way to balance the work load that makes our professional AND personal lives a lot less stressful. Nathan is working full time at Everest University Online, and loving it. I am looking for a job of my own- hopefully doing something administrative/clerical. We cut our product line WAY back for our largest customer, so the pottery thing isn't going to be one of our main sources of income all the time- but hopefully just some really sweet bonus cash once I have another job.

It's only been about a week since we decided to scale back the pottery biz and I can already feel a difference in our relationship. It's definitely a good thing- and for those of you who are betting on a baby before the 3rd anniversary, this boosts your chances for sure! Even if we had wanted to have a baby in the past year- we just didn't have any time! I hear infants are quite the time suck, and we simply had none to spare. I am not saying that we are trying or anything like that- so don't get any ideas! I am just saying that it's more likely now that we aren't working on pottery like every waking moment.

Since 2011 is my "Year of AWESOME"- I am predicting that our 3rd year of marriage will be nothing short of incredible. I am so blessed to be married to such a handsome, hard working, funny, loving, amazingly fantastic man. I love him so much!!! My goal for this next year is to make sure that I show it- to make sure that there is never any doubt how much I adore him- he is my everything. =)

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Nathan! May we have many, many, many more!

"Let's think of the future, forget the past. You're not my first love, but you're my last"


1 comments:

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Happy Anniversary!

I can't wait to see a little one thrown into the mix, so get on that!! :)

I'm glad you're doing so well!