Thursday, March 15, 2012

girls only road trip! part 1

Okay, so a little more recently in February, I took a road trip to California with my sister, Jessica, and her two girls. It was super fun- I always love Cali, but it was also fun because it was Melody and Bethany's first REAL vacation out of state, not staying with a relative.

Here is Jessica in the car at the gas station- ready to hit the road!



Here are the girlies in the backseat as we were gassing up. They were super excited!

And as you can see in this awful photo of me, I was pretty stoked as well!

After about an hour, the girls excitement had gotten the best of them. They were OUT!

When they woke up- I rocked their world. How you ask? Simply by rolling down the windows! They loved it! They laughed little butts off while they stuck their hands out the windows. (I remember doing the same thing when I was their age)

Before we knew it- we had crossed the border! Naturally, we all had to get out and take pictures. The girls even had the little digital cameras that Nana got them for Christmas.



We couldn't resist stopping for the girls to see the Pee Wee Herman dinosaurs.










Spending that much time in a car will make people act a little goofy...



As we were driving through southern California, and the sun started going down Bethany asked "Are we going home soon?" She could tell it was almost bed time.


We tried explaining to her what a hotel was, but she just couldn't wrap her head around it.
We finally got there around 9:00 California time. We made the mistake of mentioning the hotel's heated pool before we left AZ- so all the girls wanted to do when we got there...


...was swim!! Lucky for them, Aunty Tarin brought her swim suit!




We had some issues with the hotel- which I won't get into right now- but that really irritated me, because I have stayed in several hotels before. The girls didn't know any different, so they just loved every bit of it. We did have to explain to them a couple times that we hadn't moved into the hotel- that we would be going home.


They got to swim one other time before we home:


I sat out the second go round though. I lounged by the pool while Jessica tidied up the hotel room.


A girl could really get used to living like this!


0 comments: