Tuesday, October 2, 2012

iPhone camera dump

So I finally decided it was time to go through and post some of the pictures that have been hanging out on my phone. Here are some random glimpses into the life of Tarin.

We will begin with bugs that totally gross me out.
I found this sucker in the garage. You can't tell but his legs are super long- and I scooted the power strip over next to it so you could get an idea of how long and disgusting he is. My sister told me that this is called a palo verde beetle- but I honestly don't care what it's called- if I ever find in my house alive- I am going to evacuate!


Next is a lovely cricket I found while cleaning pottery... stuck INSIDE the pottery!
Apparently it had crawled into the pumpkin lid mold and failed to escape before Nathan filled it with clay. GROOOOOOOSSSSSSS!


Next stop on the photo tour is the pupperonis.

Dave has decided that his favorite place to lay down is on the bed- AFTER it has been made. He shows little interest in being up there unless someone is trying to sleep or it has been nicely put together.



Sometimes he will even flip over the pillows to make his nap more comfortable- but that part I actually appreciate. If he going to lay his black furry self all over my bed, I prefer that he does it on the colored side of the sham rather than the white side.


After I took this picture, I found out that just moments before he had eaten my last piece of leftover pizza off the counter.  *Sigh
He can be a nuisance sometimes, but I really do love him to bits!


At one point this summer, we watched the O'Neill's boxer, Bubba. The pups loved having their doggy cousin over to play but things got a little crazy with 4 dogs running around. I snapped a couple pictures of them playing- they are kinda blurry though because it's pretty much impossible to get 4 large dogs to all sit still at once.




We got Duke fixed not too long ago. We hoped it would calm him down- but it didn't. We also thought that the sedatives that the vet gave us would calm him down while he healed- but it didn't. He pretty much exactly the same except he can no longer reproduce. We got a cone a shame- just in case- but he didn't really need it. I randomly put it on Buster one day and snapped this pic:


The following picture demonstrated that Duke has grown enough that all 3 them have a hard time sleeping comfortably in kennel. It might be time to get another one!


Buster learned how to escape from the backyard. We finally caught him doing it on video. I apologize for the shakiness of the video- I was being a horrible dog mom and laughing really hard at how hard he was struggling to actually get himself over. 


And here we have a random video of my dogs eating peanut butter:


Of course, a trip into my iPhone wouldn't be complete without pictures of all the pottery I have painted over the past few months. Now that I am not working full time, I actually have time to complete so projects!

First we have a "Sanders" reindeer that I painted for my grandparents...


Then we have the "Truex" pumpkin that I painted as wedding gift for my BFF Kassi....





Next we have the "Spooky" pumpkin that I made as a sample....
(If you want you own personalized pumpkin- painted like this- we are selling them this year for $50)


Our new whittled Holy Family set.


And finally a vase that I bought like 2 1/2 years ago that I finally got around to painting!


Let's see....what else do we have....Ah yes! The office remodel!
We needed more desk space in the office, so Nathan created this lovely wrap around counter top that give us plenty of space for work and crafting! Isn't it marvelous?!


And we will end this post with some kids.
First a kid that probably none of you know. He lives next door, and he comes over just about every day and keeps Nathan company in the garage. He is a hoot! Listening to the conversations that they have is hysterical and absolutely adorable. I had to snap a picture so that we can always remember him after we move away one day.


A we will conclude with a couple videos of the nieces from my side of the family.


First is a video of Melody and Bethany dancing to "Rumor Has It" by Adele





And finally a video of Melody singing "Down by the Bay"


0 comments: