Monday, July 16, 2012

lately

Yes, I am horrible blogger....and I really have no excuse anymore since I no longer have a day job! I guess that's the most recent thing that has happened- I don't work for Brown O'Haver anymore- which is a good things because that job was really doing a number on my health and emotional well-being. I won't get in to all that here though, because this is a happy blog!  :)

So, I guess I will go through all my iPhone pictures and catch you up on everything else that has been going on the past couple months.

#1. Sanders Family Pictures

I don't remember exactly when this happened.... hmmm.... I THINK this was the first week in June....Anyway- we got family pictures taken AGAIN. A friend of my mom's wanted some practice taking family photos so she did some for my mom for free. I pretty much hated almost all of the pictures I was in- the shirt I chose to wear did not photograph as well as I had hoped and I look like a whale in most of them. Good thing like 90% of the photos wound up being of the little girls. Oh! And we also got yelled at by a hobo! That was fun... Anyway, here are a few of the pics that I did like:





Since we are childless, Nathan and I did a lot of sitting around, and waiting...so I busted out the old phone and snapped some family pictures of my own.












After family pictures, we went to dinner at Garcia's and I snapped a few more pictures of my goofy nieces.





#2. Eyebrows

I was in a weird silly mood one night, so I decided to draw eyebrows on Duke. It was pretty hilarious. 



#3. A Fantastic Discovery

I found my pink zebra striped sunglasses! I had been walking to work in the mornings, squinting- and I finally found them! Yay! ....Just in time for me to not have a job anymore..... Haha- Oh well, at least I will have something to wear poolside now.



#4. The 4th of July

How appropriate that #4 on the list would be the 4th! This day was bittersweet for me. I did have a lovely, stress-free day spent with my husband- driving around, doing nothing BUT I also received word on this day that my beloved Steve Nash was being traded to Satan's basketball team, the Lakers! Luckily, we had tickets to the D-Backs game that nigh. Unluckily- we didn't get there early enough to get a free shirt, and they lost. :( 
Over all though, I think I would rank it as a good day.

We went over to my parents house for a BBQ that afternoon- my dad my spiral cut hot dogs on the grill. I must admit, I am not a huge hot dog fan, but cooked in such a way made them much more delicious!



 After dinner we rushed off to the game. I was so excited! I love baseball! and these were the best seats I have ever had! We were only 7 rows away from the field! It was so awesome!!

 






 And when we went to get some ice cream during the 7th Inning Stretch, I found two of my favorite things side by side- Ryan Roberts and Cold Stone!


We had a lovely time watching the game and seeing the fireworks that followed. Can't wait to go again! We have tickets for my birthday too! 



#5 Weight Loss Competition with the Lunt Side

Sorry, no pics for the this one! We decided in June that some of us Lunts were going to try and drop a few pounds.

I started cooking healthier meals, I cut back on my unhealthy snacking, I didn't eat soda- I was going to the gym everyday- sometimes twice a day- I was taking it very seriously. I wanted that money! (Everyone partcipating was throwing in $20 for the winner.) 

Nathan stopped drinking soda....for breakfast! That's all.

I lost 7 lbs.
.....
Nathan lost 8 lbs....and won the whole thing! Ugh! How unfair is that?!
I do have to give the guy credit though, he has cut back a lot on his soda consumption, and that's a start. Even though I am frustrated that I lost after working so hard, I am proud of my hubby for losing weight and starting to make healthier choices. He wants to go on another trip to Yosemite next year and do some hiking- so it sounds like that might some motivation for both of us to get in better shape.

 

#6. Lunt Camping Reunion

We did our anual Lunt Family campout which I didn't take any pictures of! My fabulous sister-in-law, Amy, did blog about it though- you can see her post here.


And I will conclude this post with a picture of a beautiful Arizona Sunset! :)



0 comments: