Friday, March 15, 2013

sorry our life is so boring!

So, I am sure some of you have noticed that I haven't been blogging very much lately- well the explanation for this is quite simple: not much is going on. We have a few things that have been occupying our time, but blogging about them here every week didn't make much sense to me.

For instance, I have been busy growing our tiny human. To me, this is a super exciting big deal- but I know most people don't really care about the day to day of a pregnant lady. That's why I have a separate blog to document what is going on with that- so those who might care can be informed and I get to blab about all the preggo stuff. I just am at home being pregnant, without a car for adventures, so nothing exciting really happens.

I did go on one adventure back in February with my little sizzle, Jessica for her 25th b-day. I bought her a ridiculous headband/hat thing and we spent the day playing at Dave & Buster's and eating at Joe's Farm Grill. And yes, that burger that you see pictured below tasted even better than it looks.


I also experienced some crazy Arizona weather the other day when I home by myself.
There were insane rains and winds and it hailed 4 times!

Here is the picture of the hail that messaged Nathan...

And here is a quick video taken from our front door:


Another thing I discovered in my boring, at home with no car life- Oreo has finally found the perfect cookie to frosting ratio.





Yeah, other than that I don't have much going on-  therefore no blogs.

Nathan however, has been quite the busy little beaver. He's still got his full time job at Everest, plus pottery. He's been busy finishing up our tiny little Easter season and getting going on Halloween. Yes, it does seem early for that, but with a baby coming in the middle of what would usually be our big prep for Halloween, we are having to start MUCH earlier this year.

BUT his biggest, most awesome project has been our room addition! I am so proud of what he has done with this! First let me tell you how it came about. For the past year or so, we have been doing a lot of the dirty pottery work on weekends- in our living room. This makes our very dusty and dirty and a major chore to try and keep clean- but we simply had no where else in the house to do it. Then my brilliant husband came  up with idea of adding a room, by closing in our patio. I admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but it has turned out great! It took longer than expected, with things popping up- just random life stuff, but it's finally done!

So without further ado, here are some pictures of Nathan's project!

First thing he had to was raise the concrete for the portion that would become the room. There was a little step down and we wanted it to be level with the rest of the house.  So here are the pictures of that.




The next stages we were slackers and forgot to take pictures of- but some of the other things that Nathan did were: framing the walls, insulation, drywall, capping off the water spout, moving the back door, making the entrance to the new room,  adding a new window, putting in light switches and electrical outlet, adding canned lighting, taking out and filling in the windows and what was at one point a doggy door, texturing, putting in trim and baseboards, new flooring, connecting the new room so that it gets air conditioning, plus painting, etc.

Here are the two pictures we took "during" and as you can see, they were pretty darn close to the end:




He did get some occasional help from his dad and brothers, but a lot of the work he did on his own and I am so proud of him for it and I feel so blessed to have a handy husband who cares enough about his family to put in the hard work on this room to make our living situation much, much more comfortable.

So here is finished product!

This is what it looks like from the outside now! (Yes, my backyard is gross right now, I know. That's the next project on our list)


This is where the back door used to be, now it just flows right into the house:

This is where the back door is now (Please excuse the filthy window, covered in our dog's nose art:)

And here is a partial view of the new big window, and some shelves that are already set up for pottery storage!

And the window that used to be in my bathroom that over looked the patio? 
It has been re-purposed into this handy shelf! Now I have a very convenient place to keep all my waxing gear!



But one of the best things about this room though, is that we can use it to store the dogs!

Their kennel was getting too cramped to fit all of them in there, but sometimes we had no choice but to have all 3 of them in there at the same time, like when it's rainy, etc. Now they have a much bigger space to sleep in at night and play during the day when it gets warmer. Yes, there will be some tables and chairs set up for pottery soon, and they will have to be outside while we are working in there, but they will still have plenty of room when pottery cleaning isn't happening.

They are loving it!


So there it is folks, the biggest and most exciting that has been occupying our time over the past few months. 

Other random things that have been occupying our time?

We went to the Renaissance Festival. It was the first time for both of us. We had a fun time, but I don't know if it was really my thing. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go again until we have kids old enough to enjoy it- or if like extended family was all going. It was pretty neat though! 

We saw the living fountain, and live jousting, glass blowing, some cool animals, and fire eaters!
We also ate some yummy food! Nathan got pizza and I got chicken on skewer. We each got something from the chocolate shop, and we got some cinnamon rolls from the bakery to take home and eat later.
As for souvenirs, Nathan bought himself a little marshmallow catapult to take to work and I bought myself an inappropriate t-shirt. 

The front:

The back:

We also recently discovered that our favorite restaurant from St. George has opened up here in Arizona

It's far enough away that it keeps us from going all the time- so it's still a treat when we get it. We have been twice since the beginning of the year. We LOVE Iceberg! Their milkshakes are giant and delicious, but I am a sucker for their fries and fry sauce! Just looking at this picture is making me so hungry!

And last but not least, we inherited a new tv from my parents- when they got their insanely cool new one. This hand-me-down flat screen tv is much newer and nicer than our giant tube tv that we've had since getting married. And because it's newer and nicer- we obviously had to get a newer and nicer tv stand. Nathan wanted something that took up a little less space. We found a great one at Target.

Here is handy-man Nathan putting it together:


And here is the finished product: 


So yeah, that's what has been happening in the not so exciting lives of the Lunts the past couple months. 
Some things that are coming up that I will try to remember to take pictures of- Easter, the nursery, sprucing up the backyard a bit, and my baby shower. I'm sure we'll have some other randomness too. 

Our life isn't super exciting or eventful right now, but I guess I should appreciate that while I can. Though it may seem boring now, I'm sure we'll have a lot more going on once our little boy arrives. 


1 comments:

Drew and Shilo said...

Wow, for boring lives, you certainly have a lot going on. :) I like the new addition to the house. It looks really nice!