Tuesday, September 14, 2010

new stuff!!

Soooooo excited that we are actually making enough money in our business venture to get some new things every once in a while.

First, something that I have been wanting for a while now- especially in since the hot summer hit us.

NEW BLINDS!!!


That's right, we have been living in the house for like 8-9 months with no blinds in our windows. I am so glad that we finally got around to buying them! The house is sooo much cooler. I think they really finish off the rooms now. It feels more like a settled in, lived in home now. I love love love it!




Next new thing, is actually new/used. My parents got new furniture, so they gave us their old couches. This worked out perfectly because we were actually talking about taking our sage green couch up to the shop.


We put the big couch in the living room, in place of the old couch...


....and the new one we put in the office. We had to do some rearranging, but I am excited not to have to sit on the floor next to the desk while Nathan is on the computer.

And finally, the most exciting new thing of all!!

My brand new CRICUT EXPRESSION!!!!


I have been waiting for this day for almost a year! I was crossing my fingers at Christmas time last year that I might get it as Christmas surprise-- but I didn't. I was so sad, especially when both my sister-in-laws got the smaller version under their trees. Then when I started working for the census I decided that once everything else was paid off I would buy one, but this whole business fiasco came along and threw that plan off track.

Then, one magical day, we got a refund check from our former health insurance company who went bankrupt and my wonderfully awesome and handsome husband suggested that we use the money to buy my Cricut!!! The check wasn't quite enough to pay for the whole thing, luckily though, we had enough money in our change jar to make up the difference!

As soon as I got home I took it out and plugged it in on the kitchen counter and messed around with it a little. Unfortunately, it hasn't moved from that spot since. Our office/craft room was a disaster, and the kitchen counter is the only place for it right now. We are in the process of finding a new, more permanent home for it.

I have only used it a couple times so far, but I see big plans on the horizon!

0 comments: