Thursday, September 30, 2010

sarah's baby shower

Here are some pics from the baby shower- it was a totally cute success!

My sister in law, Amy, was in charge of the fabulous decorations:






As I mentioned in my previous post, I put together a dessert table with the help of my fabulous Aunt Lara! Here are some pics of the finished product:





Fruit Cups:

Marshmellow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip in Squeezy bottle:



Mini Spice Cupcakes:



Lemon Squares:



Rice Crispy Pops with ribbon flags:


Popcorn Cones:



Brownie Bites:


Pineapple Upside Down Cake Mini Push Pops:




We played a few games too. When everyone came in they got a clothes pin for the "Don't Say Baby" game and a little paper diaper. Later in the shower everyone opened their diapers and whoever had the poopy one won a prize.


Amy made some Baby Shower Gift Bingo cards. I loved this idea- it gives the guests something fun to do while the mommy-to-be is opening presents.


And my mother in law put together a memory game. She got all kinds of baby stuff on a tray and everyone had write down everything they could remember.


Could you remember it all?


And the final little game thing we did was a drawing for anyone who brought some diapers or wipes. As you can see, they are pretty well stocked- between our diaper cake and what the guest brought they will be set on diapers- at least for the first week or two! =p





There was a pretty great turn out, as you can see above and she got tons of great gifts. This post would be forever long if I posted pictures of them all, so I only posted the ones from people I knew.


Virginia got them a cradle and the blankets inside were made by Sarah's mom Cindy.


My mom, who couldn't make it to the shower, but sent a gift, got little Marley a Christmas sweater and hat.


And Grandma Smith sent a lovely basket full of baby goodies!


Sarah's due date was the 6th of October, but they went to the hospital this morning. I figured I should blog about the shower before the baby shows up! I should have a new baby niece very soon!

I stole these pics off Amy's blog- she did a great job on these! Check out her blog to see more.


Congrats Marvin & Sarah! Can't wait to meet your bundle of joy!

1 comments:

Kassi said...

You are amazing! And you and your aunt did a beyond beautiful job!!! It makes me want to run out and get married or have a baby and hire you too!