Saturday, December 15, 2012

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It didn't happen as early as it usually does, but we did eventually get our Christmas tree up and decorated. Well, I got the tree up and decorated. Nathan maintained his tradition for the 5th Christmas in a row of doing something else while I worked on the tree. He claims it's because I make it look so beautiful and perfect. Well played, Nathan. Well played.



 It did turn out pretty nice but Nathan gave me some flack a few days later about how it looked just like our tree from last year:

 It does a little bit, but there are a few differences- like the ribbon and glitter snowflakes! Oh well, the important thing is that we did manage to get some decorations up. Nathan even got the train set up under the tree this year too! It looks awesome!

AND I found the perfect place to set up my Christmas dingers!!
 
 
 
These guys have been a holiday tradition for me for like, 20 years. LOVE them! Nathan doesn't like them. The bells drive him crazy. I think they sound nice. I did find out this year though that when I was growing up, my dad must have gotten sick of them after about 10-12 songs, because a lot of the songs at the end of their set, I didn't even recognize! Haha- but I am thrilled to have them in MY house now, and I hope they last long enough to be a fun a tradition for my kids too.
Oh I just love the holidays! Here are some other random picstures of our Christmas decor:

 
 
 



 
I am looking forward to when pottery is done for the season and Nathan and I can spend some lovely holiday time together, just the two of us! Because there is one more thing I have to report...

This will be our last childless Christmas!
 
(I know you can't really tell much from this ultra sound, but I don't get another one til the day after Christmas, so this is the most recent one I have!)
 
 
Yep! We found out around Halloween- that after two years of trying, Nathan and I are finally going to be parents. I am 12 weeks along as of yesterday, so almost out of the first trimester. I am thrilled to be pregnant but I would be a giant liar if I said that I was enjoying it. I have been sick, pretty much non-stop for the past 6 weeks, morning-noon-and night! It's been pretty rough. But I know it will all be worth it and hopefully it will let up in the next week or so, so I can actually get some stuff done before this baby gets here in June! My official due date is June 27th. We won't know the gender til around February. Nathan thinks it's a boy and I think it's a girl. We are both so excited!

Well, that's all folks! I probably won't be posting again until I start feeling better but you are all caught up for now! And in case I don't get the chance to say it- we love you all! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

0 comments: