Wednesday, December 19, 2012

snow day


Holy cow! I am blogging again?! Already?! Yep, that's right- someone's morning sickness is subsiding! I am even being brave today and attempting a whole day without taking my nausea medication. Woohooo!
 
So what brings me back so soon? Well, being less sick means the opportunity to go out and do fun things! And this past weekend we did just that. My sister and her husband were dealing with the death of the a family member, so Nathan and I offered to take the girls off their hands for the day so they could have some time to mourn and process things. Even though Jess and Jon were feeling sad, they wanted the girls to be able to have fun day.
 
We decided to take them northward to try and find snow. We were hoping to find enough to play in in Payson, but we had to go just a little bit further- closer to Pine.
 

We introduced Bethany to bugels on the drive up.

 
 
Since we were up there, I decided that we would swing into the cemetery up there where my grandparents are buried. We were surprised to find there was a ton of snow there- so we took a few pictures and let the girls play a little bit.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Melody kept picking up big chunks of snow and taking bites. Luckily it was fresh...
 
It took Buster a while to get used to walking through the thick snow. He would lift his paw up, set and the snow, apply a little pressure and decide that seemed like a good place to step- but as soon as he would shift his weight he would sink down into the snow again. It was hilarious to watch.
 
Nathan and the girls both had fun making snowballs
 
 
 
And while we were there, Nathan and I only snapped the one and only picture of us together on this trip, since Auntie Tarin was busy playing photographer.
 
 
My grandparents' headstone was covered with snow! Nathan and I had to dig it out before we could even take a pictures of it! When I told my mom that we stopped at the cemetery, and how much snow there was, she told us that Grandma Barbara would have loved it and loved seeing the girls play and have so much fun and that Grandpa Bob probably would have been annoyed by how much snow there was. :)
 
My Grandpa Bob and Grandma Barbara's Headstone
The back of my grandparents' headstone, listing the names of all their children.
Before we left I snapped a couple random pictures of the cemetery. I just love it there, I think it's so pretty- and especially with the fresh snow fall; it was beautiful! 
 
 
 

 
Since I didn't think it was appropriate for to spend much time "playing" in a cemetery, we headed back to a little hill that Nathan had seen along the way for the girls to go sledding.
 
 
 
 
Here is a little video of their first run:
 
 
And here's the video of the second run (they do much better on this one:)
 

 
 While we were there, the girls also helped Uncle Nathan build a snowman.
 
 
 



 

 
And we ended the day with some lunch and hot chocolate at the Beeline Cafe in Payson.
 
 
 
Even though I was able to participate in the sledding and stuff, it was still a fun trip. And it was great to see the girlies have such a great time. This was only their second time ever seeing snow and they loved it and can't wait until they get to go again.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

So Cute! LOVE IT!