Saturday, December 15, 2012

what have we been up to?

We won a kiln!
This year at Marjon's Clay Olympics- Nathan's name was drawn from the raffle and we won a new kiln! Yay! (I obviously didn't realize that I was going to be photographed.....)

 


Only problem is, we didn't really need a kiln. So we sold it to customer of ours who needed a new kiln more than we did and made a little extra cash. It worked out great for all involved.

We are building onto our house!
A while back, Nathan had the brilliant idea to turn our back patio into a pottery studio- someplace that we can do cleaning and such that isn't our living room. It will also keep our house from getting so dusty. I must say, it is one of Nathan's best ideas yet! He got right to work on it and even though it's not quite done yet- it's looking great! And we've gotta give a big thank you shout out to Nathan's brother, Marvin who dedicated a whole day to getting the project off the ground. Thanks Marvin!!

This year's pottery season is almost over but we are already using the unfinished room a bit and it will complete by the time we start working again next year. I am so proud of everything Nathan has done to make this possible. He is an awesome husband and provider. Way to go babe! I will post some pics a little later on- they are all on Nathan's phone!


We had a happy Thanksgiving!
We had a lovely Thanksgiving and were lucky enough to be able to spend time with both sides of the family.

In the morning I made some orange rolls and we went to my parents house to eat breakfast and watch the Thanksgiving day parade with the Sanders side. Then later in the day I whipped up some green bean casserole and some mashed potatoes as we went to Nathan's folk's house for dinner with the Lunts.

It was a lovely day that ended with toasting marshmallows by the fire pit. As usual, I didn't remember to take pictures, but my lovely sister in law, Amy did. You can read her thanksgiving post here.

We went Black Friday shopping! Together!
Nathan and I decided that for Christmas we would get one gift to share rather than buying each other separate gifts. We decided to get a fancy new digital camera.

 I have always wanted a Canon Rebel and we found one at Sam's Club! So we got up bright and early and stood in line. That weren't as organized as last year, but it was still pretty simple and we got in and out fairly quickly. And now we have an awesome new camera! So hopefully next year I will have some nice quality pics to share on the blog here!

And other than getting ready for Christmas, I can't say that we've done anything else really worth reporting....What can I say? We are happy, yet boring people!

0 comments: