Wednesday, August 21, 2013

xander's first plane ride

Ok, so I was insanely nervous about taking my 5 week old little boy on a 5 hour plane ride (well, actually a 4 hour plane ride followed by an hour long connecting flight,) but it turned out not to be so bad!




I read up on a bunch of tips for flying with an infant, and some of them were helpful, but it was way easier than I expected. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the age and personality of my baby. He did awesome! When we weren't on the plane, I wore him in the Moby wrap. When we were on the plane, I had brought my boppy as my "personal item" and I just held him on my lap and he slept most of the time. I nursed during take off and landing to help his ears not to hurt. We only had to do one diaper change on the plane- and that was the only thing that was kind of inconvenient; there are not changing tables on airplanes. We had to put the seat down on the toilet and change him there. 

The only thing I would change if I could go back in time is the amount of stuff I brought. I over packed. But I know if I hadn't brought all the stuff I did that I would have needed it. At the end of all 4 of our flights we got comments from people about how they didn't even know there was a baby on the flight and how good he was. I couldn't have asked for it to go any smoother.

Here are some pics that we took on the plane and at the airport during our layover.












0 comments: