Tuesday, September 22, 2009

happy 2-3 to me!!

On September 16th I turned the big 2-3! It was a pretty good day. I got to sleep in a bit- then I got all ready to go to a job interview. Before my interview, Nathan took me out to get breakfast at Jamba Juice! It was delicious, as usual.

After my interview and a change of clothes, Nathan and I headed northward to drop Buster off at Marvin and Sarah's house- they were so nice to baby-sit him, so we could go out and about on my birthday. After that, we went to Applebee's for lunch and the Border's- because I had a 15% birthday coupon! I finally was able to purchase Glenn Beck's book, Common Sense, as an audio book to listen to in the car! We also stopped by Spirit Halloween Superstore to look at all the creepy stuff there. I still really want the foggy bubble machine I saw there last year- in fact, I am determined to get one this year!

Then Nathan really surprised me and took me to my all time favorite shopping center- Kierland Commons! It was fun, but I was sad to find out that my favorite store there, Artifax, had closed. We were still able to look around Crate & Barrel and Restoration Hardware though. By the time we were done wandering there, I was a little tired- so we went back to the apartment to relax before our big night out!



The big event of the day took place that evening at Dave & Busters!! Nathan and I, my mom and dad, Nathan's mom and dad, Marvin and Sarah, Kassi, and my Aunt Lara all had dinner together. Since there were so many of us we got our own private room, which was kind of cool! I ordered a chicken parmesan sandwich and a delicious, fruity, non-alcoholic birthday drink- Yum! I even got a free birthday dessert that I shared with my fabulous husband. Then we got to play games. It had been about a year since I had been there, and they had some cool new games. They even have Guitar Hero now- but it doesn't give you any tickets for playing, so I only played it once. I spent the most time playing the haunted house game and Deal or no Deal. By the end of the night Nathan and I had a combined total of over 5000 tickets! We didn't cash them in for anything though. They might have some better games, but D&B's prizes are not as good as they were last year.

I was pooped after that fun filled night, but we still had to go pick up Buster. I managed to stay awake until we got him, but I totally crashed on the way back to the apartment. I was soooo tired! That's a sign of a good night!

- - -

The next Saturday evening we had a little birthday celebration over at Nathan's parent's house for me and Robert (Nathan's brother in law). It was really fun too! Nathan's whole side of the family was there, and my parents even drove up for it too. We went swimming- I actually think it was the first time I had done that all summer. The water felt so fabulous because I had spent most of the morning outside in the hot, yucky sun. Then we had a super yummy dinner- hamburgers, pigs in a blanket!, potato salad, pasta salad, chips, soda.... so good! And we finished off the meal with homemade ice cream.

The day after that, there was ANOTHER birthday celebration at my parents house for me, my cousin Jared, and my brother in law Jon. This time it was my whole side of the family! We had pizza and little mini cakes and pies for dessert. A good time was had by all. I was a happy birthday.

0 comments: