Wednesday, December 29, 2010

christmas eve snow trip

On Christmas Eve, we thought it might be fun to go play in some....


SNOW!!!
And we were right. It was pretty fun. Here are some pics from our day:

Dave & Buster cuddled up in the backseat for the long drive. Dave doesn't like car rides at all so I can imagine he must have hated being in the car for a couple hours straight!

I kept myself entertained part of the time by taking random pictures.

Nathan looks like he's in a hurry to get up there!

and I am just happy to be along for the ride.

Nathan is such a goober!

I wonder if my eyebrow tastes delicious?

I was getting worried for a while that there wasn't going to be any snow to play in- but we finally saw some on the side of the road:

Yay!

The pups were excited to finally be out of the car!

Here is the snowman we built. Not too shabby!

Mostly we just watched the dogs run around- they absolutely loved it! I was worried at first about letting Little Dave run free- he has a tendency to run off, but he did fine! We met Marvin & Sarah up there, so they had their dog cousins to run around with.



Here is a video of them running around in the snow:




And here is a video of Nathan trying to take Dave down the hill on the sled with him... Fail! lol





Marvin & Sarah brought a camping stove and made some hot dogs for lunch.


We tried to get the dogs to do some tricks for hot dogs; TRIED being the operative word. There was so much going on around them, they were having a hard time focusing.




Then we had to turn around and come back home. We had to get to dinner at other Lunt house by 6 pm. On the way back I snapped some pics of the snow on the tree out the window. I have only seen snow on trees like that on Christmas cards! I am such a desert rat! haha




It was a fun day. As usual, I wish I had taken more pictures- especially of the sledding, but my fingers were cold! Being a better picture taker should be one of my new years resolutions!

0 comments: