Wednesday, December 29, 2010

a short christmas post

I am glad Christmas is over- this year wasn't one of my favorites- but I did want to post some pictures from the season.



Our Christmas tree. I like it- I think it turned out pretty! Next year I want a tall skinny tree- I am keeping an eye out for a good deal. We don't have a ton of space for a tree. We had to do some rearranging to make this one fit.

We put the train out again this year- we didn't have the space for it to go around the tree, so it went back and forth across the room.



"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..." too bad Santa fell victim to the economy this year! They were just for decoration, not for present holding. haha I managed to get 4 of my little holy families up on the mantle too!

This is one of my favorite nativities that I own. It's a music box. =)

Nathan and I decided not to exchange gifts this year, to save some money- we were fortunate enough to get some great gifts from our loving family though. I wasn't able to take pictures of everything, but here are few of our fantastic gifts: (P.S.- just because a gift isn't featured on the blog doesn't mean we didn't love as much as the ones that were! I am just to lazy to go find them all!)

I got these marvelous rubber gloves in my stocking from my side of the family. If you know me at all- you know that I HATE getting my hands wet. I have a phobia of finger wrinkles- so whoever got me these THANK YOU! It makes cleaning my kitchen so much more bearable now!



Santa also got us some new scrabble games! I have been meaning to get my hands on these. I am sure they will get a lot of use. I <3 scrabble!

I am pretty sure it was my Aunt Lara who got me the mini chandelier- since she has one too! =) This little baby is gonna be hanging from my rear view mirror soon. Car bling!!! w00t!


And last of the gift photos- but certainly not least, we have the temple picture that Nathan's sister Amy made us (she took the pic and made the frame and everything! how sweet is that?!) and underneath is some fabulous potpourri that my mommy in law got me. It smells fantastic! I sat my fake candle in it. I love it.

And now my friends, I leave you with my all time favorite Christmas song. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and wish you the happiest of new years!


0 comments: