Friday, April 1, 2011

APRIL FOOLS!

Negative pregnancy test= April Fools! We are not pregnant- the entire thing was a hoax.

Conversation from the night of March 31st:

Tarin: I am thinking of posting that I pregnant on facebook tomorrow- do you think anyone will fall for it?

Nathan: uh...YEAH!

Tarin: Really?! I dunno- everyone does the pregnancy thing.

Nathan: I think a ton of people would believe it.


And so the prank came to be. I figured if I was going to do it I better go all out- pictures, a blog post, a cover story- the works!! So I would like to thank all those who made this possible:

Nathan, Kassi, and Jessica- for playing along and making my story seem more believable.

Google Images- for helping me find a picture of a positive pregnancy test.

Google blog search- for helping me find a blog with 2 ultrasound photos- from the same person without any identifying information on the pictures- but with enough information in the blog to help my story along.

Facebook and Blogger- for getting the word out.

And a special thanks to all those who posted comments all day long and kept me smiling.

****

I just want to point out- when I actually am pregnant I am not going to let my close friends and family find out over a facebook post. It'll happen in person- or at the least over the phone.

No way would I make an announcement like that while my parents are over seas!! Come on guys!

And you should have been tipped off- I dyed my hair last week and have been moving my shop- lugging around super heavy molds and inhaling large amounts of dust- all things that I wouldn't be doing- and that Nathan probably wouldn't let me do- if I knew I was pregnant.

This has been an amusing experiment though! Keep an eye out for the real thing within the next year or so!

3 comments:

Suzee Sanders said...

You are deAd as soon As I see you!!! Not funny at all!

Jessica said...

Well someone is being WAY over dramatic. It was an epic april fools joke tarin! WOOT!

Kassi said...

This was awesome! I'm hiring you next year for my April Fools joke!!