Tuesday, April 19, 2011

look what i did today!

We brought these ugly, dirty, rusty, ripped up chairs home from the shop....


For me to re-cover!

How cute is that?!


I took it apart, spray painted the frame a metallic-looking brown, and then reupholstered the seat and back and put it all back together. (Please ignore the clamps on the back, the glue holding the two pieces together isn't quite dry yet.)



I have 4 chairs total- 2 are going to be like this one and stay in my front room for extra seating-- I'm also making one for the office- but it might have different fabric.


I'm so excited that I tried something new and that it turned out so fabulous!

1 comments:

Meg said...

Super cute! I am wow-ed! I would never have thought of doing such a fun thing to nasty old chairs! Good for you!