Saturday, January 1, 2011

new years eve!!

We decided to invite everyone in our family over for new years eve!! Unfortunately, not everyone could make it- but it was still a fun time. Nathan's sister Amy, and her family came, and so did his parents. Later on my aunt Lara and cousin Jared came- and towards the end of the night my folks showed up too.

We had a TON of food! That's the main reason I was hoping more people would show up. The 14 of us- plus the pups- did manage to polish a lot of it of this off though.


We had....

Mini margarita cupcakes. Well, they were supposed to be- they wound up tasting more like lime cupcakes. They were tasty either way.

Jalepeno poppers and bacon wrapped jalepenos. (The Lunt side of the family likes spicy!) I'm not usually a jalepeno fan- but they were both pretty tasty, even if they set my mouth on fire a little bit. =p

Bacon and chive stuffed mini tomatoes! I wish these weren't so time consuming to make; they are one of my favorites and super delish!

Southwestern turkey sliders.

Bagel pizza bites- that look like they may have been just slightly over cooked.

AND some yummy taco dip!

See, I told you it was a lot of food! My aunt also brought some bacon/cheese/artichoke tarts that I wasn't able to get a picture of. And my mom & dad brought over some macaroni & cheese bites that were quite a hit as well.

We watched a few episodes of that old cartoon, Rugrats, on Netflix through the wii and braved the freezing cold weather to do some fireworks!

You'll have to forgive my video- for some reason it didn't register in my head that if I held our super old camera sideways that video would turn out sideways. It looked good on the little camera screen...when I was holding it sideways! I feel like a big dork- but anyway- here is a little video of just one of the many, many fireworks we shot off:



Once we got through ALL of the fireworks, it was pretty late and our guest headed home. (They wanted to get home and be off road before all the crazy drunks started driving home too!)

Nathan and I rang in the new year at home on the couch with our little Dave & Buster. We drank some sparkling cider and went out front to see a variety of fireworks going off throughout the neighborhood and to set off the last few that we had of our own.

I tried to get a picture of a new year's kiss- but apparently we aren't as good at the kissing pictures as we used to be! =/ We just got a bunch of goofy ones!





Happy New Year from Nathan & Tarin!! <3

1 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

It was fun! Thanks for having our crazy crew over!!