Saturday, May 2, 2009

c is for cookie, that's good enough for me!

Today was another Saturday that Nathan had to work, so I did what any girl would do while her husband was away- I invited over my best gal pal! We had so much fun, as usual. We started off with a trip to target to pick up some snacks and some delicous ingredients to make...COOKIES!!

If there is one thing that Kassi and I both love, it a nice, warm chocolate chip cookie!


I called my mom earlier in the day to get her fabulous chocolate chip cookie recipe, and Kassi (because she is insanely awesome) stopped by my parents house on the way to the apartment and picked up my kitchen aid mixer, a cookie scoop, and our secret cookie ingredient!


Our cookie skills are so amazing that we just couldn't wait until the cookies were baked. Kassi got to lick the beater. Yum!

I kept sneaking little tastes as I scooped the dough out on the cookie sheet. It was just too irresistible!

Little did I know, the recipe my mom gave me was enough for like 100 cookies!! We made about 60- and Kassi took the rest of the dough home for later. We would have baked it all up, but the oven here at the apartment is temperamental. Kassi and I had to be strategic in the placement of the cookies in the oven to make sure they all baked just right.


You know you want some!! =p




The finished product! Don't they look just scrumdiddleeumpcious!?


The other awesome part of my day was that I finally got around to buying canisters for baking stuff! Aren't they cute? Target is fantastic!


Finally, the cookies were cooled and it was time to relax, watch a hilarious movie, and enjoy the fruits of our labors!

What goes better with warm chocolate chip cookies than ice cold milk?
Yummy yummy yummy!

2 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

ok, I totally want to make some cookies now!!

Kassi said...

We are awesome cookie makers!!