Saturday, May 23, 2009

tarin's first runway show

Last week my school had their Around the World Beauty Event. It's something that the school does every year- each zone picks a country and then the cosmetology students pick models and design hairstyles that represent their countries, and the skin students do the make up. Then on the big night, we have a run way show and all the proceeds go to Phoenix Children's Hospital. It's a lot of fun, and a great way for all the students to express themselves and their creativity.

Here's a shot of our school's make-up studio. It was pretty crazy in here before the show. I never realized how much work and prep goes into a runway show. Having my own models to work on was a ton of fun though.


This is one the models that I worked on with one of my classmates, Christine. Her theme was Las Vegas, and the look that the Cosmo student was trying to achieve was Playboy Bunny. We used pinks and blacks. I think it turned out awesome! The rhinestones on the false lashes were finishing touch. Hot!
This was another one of my models. The theme was Tribal Africa- so I got to do body paint too. It was cool, and I think he turned out awesome. This one was my favorite!
Here are some other pictures from during the show. There are only a couple that turned out, our little camera wasn't designed for runway shooting. The looks in this show were inspired by the Amazon, Amsterdam, Las Vegas, Tribal Africa, and Egypt. There are some pretty outrageous looks! I can't wait to attend the show next year as a guest, and see the styles that the new students create.












1 comments:

Kassi said...

OMG that guy was freaking hot!! And I love the purple eye makeup on the blonde girl! You are so talented!