Monday, June 22, 2009

good times, good times...

This weekend was a lot of fun! Nathan and I actually got to do things and spend time with friends and family. His summer work schedule is kind of stinky and very rarely does he get a full Friday and Saturday off in a row- so we took advantage of it.

I apologize that there aren't more pictures- I've been a picture slacker lately!

On Friday evening we had our friends Bryan and Kim over for dinner and dominoes! It was cool because haven't had the chance to see them or hang out since we go married, so it was good to be able to have them over. And they brought us a super wedding present too- which made it even more awesome! We ate some yummy lasagna with garlic bread, and busted out Nathan's never before opened Christmas present (the dominoes) afterwards. Kim totally kicked our butts on the second round and poor Nathan wound up drawing like 20 dominoes which made his score sky high!

Nathan is friends with Kim and Bryan from working up at Camp Raymond and so they all know each other really well- so Friday was a good opportunity for me to get to know them better. They are so fun! We are definitely going to have to get together with them again after camp is over and Bryan is all healed up from his surgery.


Dominoes- such an addicting game!


I was trying to get everyone in this picture- but due to the small size of our dining area, that was a failure. Oh well, it's a good picture of Kim! That's Bryan's arm to the right and Nathan's shoulder to the left. =p
On Saturday, Nathan's mom was nice enough to watch our little Buster for us while Nathan and I went over to the As You Wish on Deer Valley to do some painting. This was a big deal to me, because I hardly ever get to sit down and paint with Nathan. Usually I go while he is working and paint with friends or by myself, so be able to spend time with him like that was really a treat. We had fun painting up some Super Saturday samples for his sister AND a new doggy dish for Buster! He has been using Daisy's old dish, we decided it was time he had one of his own.
When we went to pick up Buster we found out that he had mistaken Virginia's foot for his pig ear and had give her a nice little puncture wound! =( Sorry mom!!

After that, we headed over to Amy and Robert's house for dinner. It was sooooo yummy! We had a delicious broccoli salad- which I think I might have to bug Amy for the recipe- some super yummy chicken sandwiches, and Italian sodas. It was really really good.
After dinner, we sat down and played some Scrabble- one of my all time favorite games! I was not the reigning champion, Robert was the victor, but it was still a lot of fun. After the scrabble game, we had dessert and sat around and talked until like 11:00 at night! Time flies when you are having fun!
It was a great weekend, and I really enjoyed getting to better know some of the people in Nathan's life. =)

0 comments: