Tuesday, June 16, 2009

we love our d-backs!


I was lucky enough to score another pair of free Diamondbacks tickets from Ryan. I, of course, was so excited. I love love baseball! Too bad for Nathan, his crazy summer work schedule made it inconvenient to attend the game- lucky for Kassi, he was willing to give up the ticket so she and I could have a fabulous girls night out!

To save time and money once again, we decided to take the light rail! Kassi was a light rail virgin, so it was exciting. It was an interesting ride, because when we got on the train was already pretty much full- standing room only! And the only space we could find to stand didn't have any bars or anything to hang on to! It was an adventure- haha! We had to brace ourselves for every stop, start, and turn. It was fun though.

Kassi on the train- see how crowded it is behind her? Craziness!


Me on the train- gripping the door frame for dear life! I had to try and find something to hang on to. I was right against the door- not gonna lie, a little scared of falling out of the train...



The view from our seats- very nice. Too bad our Diamondbacks were sucking all over the place! Man, it's a good thing I love them, or might have had to freak out. Lots of silly errors on their part. Being at the game was still a blast though!


During every game they have what is called the "Hot Dog Derby", where there is a race between the hot dog condiments to see which one can make it around the field first. I was rooting mustard- I just had a good feeling about it- then I noticed that the mustard kid was from our section, which gave me even more reason to cheer for him! It was a close race, as always- but MUSTARD WON!! And since he was from our section, we all won a free Diamondbacks Dog from Circle K! Woo hoo!!! It was neat, I had never won anything at the D-backs game before. Awesomeness!!


Another cool thing that happened, was a tribute to Randy Johnson. Here's a little snippet from an article about it:
"Johnson, who recorded his 300th career victory last Thursday, was honored during a video tribute at the end of the third inning of the Diamondbacks-San Francisco Giants game.
Several of his career highlights were shown, including his perfect game in May 2004, his 20-strikeout game three years earlier and, of course, the famous shot of Johnson and Curt Schilling hoisting the World Series trophy high above their heads.
When the tribute was completed, the crowd rose as one and warmly applauded Johnson, who stood up from his seat in the dugout, tipped his cap and acknowledged the reception."
Kassi and I both needed to get up early the next morning, so since we were losing, we grabbed some Nachos and headed out early. Which of course meant that we missed out on yet another awesome part of the night.


I found out later when checking the final score of the game, that this girl ran out on the field during the ninth inning and was chased by security. Man, I would have liked to have seen that! Here's the picture that was posted about the story- I'm not sure if she is just hiding from the security guard or if she is trying to grope Chris Young...
Anyway, even if we didn't get to see the crazy fan girl, it was still a super fun night with my best gal pal. And Nathan wound up getting some yummy dinner and playing Halo with his brother- so fun was had by all!
Can't wait for our next game!

1 comments:

Kassi said...

That game was awesome! And now I wish we would have stayed until the end to see the crazy girl!! And more of Ryan Roberts!