Tuesday, June 23, 2009

why did God make puppies so cute?

The answer is easy. It's so you don't kill them when they do something like this:



I had to go to a meeting in Tempe today- I knew it would be brief, so I decided that I would put Buster in the bathroom instead of trying to find a pet sitter for him. We have done this before, so I knew I should pick everything up off the floor and put it on the sink. So that's what I did- the trash can (which was almost completely full of garbage, and the floor mat got picked up and put on the sink where Buster couldn't reach them.

So I put him in there, with his doggy bed and pig ear- and I headed off to my meeting. As I was locking the door behind me, I could here him barking and whining, which I expected. What I did not expect was to find the mess ,you see above, when I got home. The only explanation I can figure is that Buster jumped up on the toilet somehow and then on to counter and knocked the trash can on the floor. It was too far back on the counter for to just be able to jump and knock it over. He then probably kicked the can for a while, knocking all it's contents out on to the floor. He also got bored and unrolled the entire roll of toilet paper. He pulled the towels down from the rack, he found the plunger and toilet brushed, knocked them over and the chewed on them. One thing he didn't chew on: his pig ear. Not one single nibble!

Luckily he didn't pee or poop- not that it really would make any difference, seeing as how I to clean up the rest of the mess he made. After I let him out, he followed me around whining for about 30 minutes. He has major separation issues. Maybe we need to take him to a doggy shrink!


It's a good thing God made him so cute!

1 comments:

Meg said...

Holy cow... that's a darn good mess! You know that's the same reason God makes kids so cute... Or we'd never live to see adulthood.