Wednesday, February 9, 2011

i joined a gym!

To help me with resolution #2 on my list- I joined a gym!... sorta. One of Nathan's cousins was doing a fundraiser and selling coupon thingies that had a 3 month membership to Fitness Works- so I joined a gym for 3 months.

So far I am undecided on what I really think of this gym- I have my "orientation" or whatever with a trainer tomorrow morning, so maybe once I have a better lay of the land I might like it better. One thing that I do really like is this:

Each piece of cardio equipment has it's own tv that you can plug your head phones in to! I can watch whatever I want and hear it while I work out! (I spent a lot of time reading tv shows that I wasn't really interested in at my last gym.) It makes my cardio time seem to go by a lot faster- I like it.

This gym is a bit of a hike from my house (7 miles- about a 10ish minute drive), but I figure I might as well take advantage of having a full gym's worth of equipment and classes for 3 months- it only cost me $20- which is less than the monthly dues at most clubs. If I am able to stick to it- and go at least 4 times a week, I might be able to convince Nathan into letting me join my old gym, that I know and love, that is a little closer to the house.

I am feeling pretty motivated for the time being and I think the workouts are helping to improve my mood! I will check back here in about a month with an update on my progress. =)

Oh, and p.s.- I deleted my facebook for the time being. It may or may not come back in a few a months- I don't really know at this point. Nathan still has his and I still have a phone or email if you need to get in touch. Bye for now!

0 comments: