Tuesday, February 22, 2011

i love valentines day!

Yes, I know... I am a slacker and this post is like a week over due! Better late than never though I guess (I am sure I have said that like a million times since I started this blog!)

Here are some of our Valentines Day happenings:

Not only did Nathan buy me flowers (not roses- he knows I am not huge fan of roses,) but he also painted the vase that he put them in. I think it turned out pretty cute!

He also painted me a flower pot and some heart add-ons letting me know what was inside! "Hugs & Kisses!" Too cute. Hershey Hugs are my favorite!!! Nathan has been helping me them all up though, since I am trying to be healthier.

I made him something special too! Chocolate dipped pretzels! I made a variety- peanut butter and chocolate, caramel and chocolate, caramel rice crispy and chocolate, oreo sprinkled over the chocolate, sprinkles- all kinds! Here's a close up of one:


Our big Valentines Day treat was a stay-cation at a hotel in Tempe. It was a little place across from Arizona Mills mall- so while we were there, we took a little trip to the mall and walked around- and in our wanderings we came across a claw machine with these inside:


A JUMBO rainbow slinky. Who doesn't need one of those, right? So Nathan put a $5 bill into the machine, thinking we would try a couple times and it would give us change.... but it did not give us change and the claw wasn't really strong enough to grab the jumbo slinky-- but we had a good time trying over and over again, attempting to figure out a way to grab one at just the right angle. No luck though. As we were walking away Nathan asked "What would we have even done with it if we had won?" Good question.....

Back at the hotel we decided to save some money on going out and just stay in the room and hang out- so we brought dinner. I made some chicken pillows and brought some sun chips- and a romantic bottle of sparkling cider to drink. We also a special Valentines giant red velvet cupcake that I had bought, but I forgot to take a picture of that. We wound up eating it with our fingers because I forgot to bring eating utensils! That didn't make any less delicious though!


We also brought along a portable dvd player and got the movie "Easy A" from Redbox. It was a pretty funny flick! We may not have had a lot to spend- and it wasn't anything elaborate- but it was a fun and memorable Valentines Day! I love being able to spend quality time with my hubby! =)

0 comments: