Thursday, October 1, 2009

cookie date

Tonight, Nathan and I celebrated the first day of October by making and decorating some Halloween sugar cookies. It was fun! We found out that Nathan is much more skilled than I am when it comes to rolling out dough. I kept getting frustrated because the dough was sticking to the rolling pin. Nathan was able to roll it perfectly- probably because he rolls out clay for stuff at work.

We had all kinds of Halloween shapes- thanks to Nathan's cookie cutter collection.


After the cookies were baked and cooled, we set up a table in front of the tv and decorated with frosting and sprinkles. I love spending time with my husband!


My first cookie was a Jack-o-lantern. I thought he was cute!


Nathan's happy sparkly bat.



Black icing does lovely things for teeth!


My wicked witch- complete with giant cheek wart!



A black cat- created by Nathan.

And of course, eating them is the best part! Hopefully this is the start to a super awesome month!

1 comments:

Kassi said...

Tell Nathan that bat is fabulous and I love the black teeth!! It looked like you guys had so much fun getting into the Halloween spirit!!!