Sunday, October 18, 2009

super saturday

This past Saturday, Nathan and I helped out his sister at her ward's Super Saturday. (A Super Saturday is a church activity, where the women come and can learn how to do a whole bunch fun, crafty projects.)

Amy was offering a lot of really cute projects! I have to give major kudos to her for setting up such an amazing event. I know she worked her little butt off getting everything all setup for this day- and it turned out awesome! Here are a few of the crafts they had going on:





The 2 projects that Nathan and I came to help with were the ceramic Christmas tree dish (which I forgot to take a picture of!) and the ceramic Family Home Evening wall chart (pictured below).


The chart was actually an idea that my BFF Kassi had, while we were painting at Nathan's store one day. It is 7 individually painted tiles, labeled with your typical weekly FHE assignments- then, there is a white space where, after the tile has been fired, you can right with a dry or wet erase marker, the name of the person who has that assignment for the week.



Here are a few of the ladies, painting their charts. Oh! And on the table in front there, you can see a sample of the Christmas tree plates we were offering too!


I got a little bored about half through the morning, and I started painting random tiles with our name on it. This is one of my masterpieces =p



And this is the finish product! Well, not completely finished... After they were all painted we had to load them back up so we could fire them and get the holes drilled and connect the tiles with ribbon or craft wire. Everyone did such a good job with their tiles- they turned out really cute. We are going to be delivering them next Sunday, when we go to Amy's ward to see the Primary Program.
If you have Super Saturday- or another type of event coming up- and you think you might want to do a similar project- just let us know and we can help you get it set up. Nathan has few different ceramic options and they are really affordable!
Most of the day Saturday, I was helping out with the ceramics projects, but I did sneak away long enough to participate in learning how to decorate cakes! This was my creation:


***CUE THE NEXT POST!!***

2 comments:

Kassi said...

OMG! I want the titles, the picture blocks, and the nativity set!!!! I really think they are all crazy cute!!!

Amy O'Neill said...

Thank you soooo much for your help with this! Couldn't have done it without you guys... but I am so glad it is over!! Your cake is so cute!