Wednesday, October 28, 2009

in other NON-house news

When we aren't at the house tearing it apart and putting it back together again- life goes on as usual at the Lunt home.

I have found some crafty little projects to fill in my spare time. I decided a few weeks back that I wanted to make a few more pillows.


So I headed down to DI and bought a bunch of ugly pillows for like $1 a piece-- much cheaper than going out and buying pillow forms.

And I busted out the sewing machine, yet again! You can never have too many pillows, right? Besides, I wanted to make sure I got them done so I could return Virginia's sewing machine- I am trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible so I don't have to find a place for it in the new house when we move.

Dave began enjoying the new pillows right away.

They must be comfy...

...reeeeeally comfy. =p

When we were up in St. George for the Isom family reunion, you may remember me mentioning that I picked up some vinyl transfers at Peach Days. I finally got around to doing something with those too!


I first saw this quote at Marvin and Sarah's reception and I fell in love with it. I started looking for a wall decoration of my own online- but couldn't find any. I was psyched when I found the transfer at peach days. I mounted it on this piece of dark wood, and made it my own with some of my wedding ribbon and pretty flower (also in wedding colors)


I LOVE they way this one turned out. It's mounted on glass with a two tone wooden frame. I am glad that I mounted these instead of sticking them directly on the wall at the new house- so I can take them with when we decide to move again. The tricky part is going to be deciding where to hang them! If you've been to our apartment you know that our walls aren't lacking in decoration!

One part of my daily life that I have blogged about before is laundry- I despise this awful chore! But I have found something that makes it a little more bearable:


I saw the commercial for this and had been looking for it in the stores without success. Lucky me, Nathan found it on one of his shopping excursions. It's a little sheet that has the laundry detergent, fabric softener, and dryer sheets all in one. I just toss one in with my load of laundry and that's all. No measuring! No mess from spilt detergents! "Now, if it could only fold"


Halloween is coming up, and we still have no official plans. With all the other stuff we have going on, it's not going to be a huge celebration for us this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Nathan makes me go do work on the house that night! If I have my way, we will at least have a spooky themed dinner and maybe go see a halloweeny movie.



To get us more in the halloween spirit, I once again made some halloween cookies! It was fun!


Well, that's all for now. I think I am going to go bake up some cupcakes! I've had a bit of a sweet tooth lately.

1 comments:

Kassi said...

I love your transfer wall hangings! I may have to steal the idea for the glass one when I get a house and jazz like that!