Monday, February 22, 2010

painting pottery with my gal pals!

To continue with blog catch-up, we will now travel back to January! To a weekend when myself, my lil sister Jessica, and my BFF Kassi Badassi headed down to Nathan's store to paint us some pottery!

First, a not so flattering photo of myself, working on my awesome, rainbow fade vase!

Sica, working on her amazing mug!

And Kassi with fantastically polka dotted mug! (She also made a LOVE frame and a super cute dragonfly plate, which I unfortunately do not have picture of.)

This is Jessica trying to help me operate the spinny thingy as I started working on rainbow fade effect.

It was a little bit harder to do than I thought, so I enlisted my husband's help- he's a pro at this stuff.

Then, I got to the point where I was going to cry- and he pretty much had to take over. It turned out pretty amazing when it was all over. I painted black silhouette flowers on it. If you look carefully in a future blog post you can see the finished product in the background!


And of course, I can never paint neatly. Somehow I got paint in my hair! Luckily Kassi spotted it while we were in line for lunch and got it all out for me. That's what friends are for, right?
It was a really super fun day- filled with painting and girl talk silliness! It will for sure happen again- since I have the sweet pottery painting hook ups; I just hope it's soon!

0 comments: