Saturday, February 27, 2010

presidents day adventure

Nathan had to work on President's Day, but I had the day off paid (one of the perk of working for government I guess)- so I headed over to east east east Mesa to pick up my sister and niecey poos for "an adventure!"

Our first stop was Burlington Coat Factory. We tried on the most fabulous of fabulous hats.




Then we headed over to home decor...

Where's Mel?!



Peek-a-boo Bethany!

And then my horrible sister made her 3 year old daughter put on a bra- just so she could photograph it for her own sick and twisted amusement. It was funny though.


Then we headed over to Superstition Springs mall to look at puppies and try on sunglasses. THEN we were hungry- and as we drove by 5 & Diner we noticed they had a value menu and $1 kids meals- so we stopped in. We spent a lot of time waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting- o we had plenty of time to snap some photos.


Say cheese!

The girls with "The King"- eating adventure cookies. Savor those cookies girls- because even though we are at a restaurant- it's gonna be a while before you see any food...


Mel and I- having a super fantastical time on our adventure.


KISS ATTACK!

FINALLY seated- but still about an hour away from getting any food... If I had known that, I probably wouldn't be smiling so big in this picture. Haha

The girls had fun coloring and wearing their little paper hats. I wish I was still small enough to get color pages...


For some reason, the girls got their food like a half hour before Jessica and I did. Dinosaur chickens and fries- Delish. WAY better than the complimentary 3 cucumber slices and ranch they brought to hold us over until our food was ready.


Aw, how nice- Bethany feeding her mommy- since the restaurant wasn't! And I have to defend my sister's fashion sense- this is not her jacket! I was wearing her sweater because it was freezing- then she got cold too, so she was wearing Melody's jacket, since neither of the girls were cold. You rock that purple leopard print Jessica!

0 comments: