Monday, February 22, 2010

valentines treaties!

I thought it would be really fun to make some Valentines Day treat baskets for friends and family this year. So I enlisted the help of my best friend Kassi and we made some V-Day deliciousness!

Here I am filling in some of the candy molds...

Kassi making some candy hearts!

We made some super yummy strawberry mousse and put it inside a homemade candy shell, and topped it off with some fresh berries. These were most exquisite, but unfortunately our candy shells kept breaking when we tried to take them out of the molds! So we only wound up with like 3 of them.


All of our candy creations! I think they turned out pretty well for our first time!


And here is sheet one of my sugar cookies....

...and sheet 2! There were supposed to be more giant hearts- but I just couldn't get the dough to cooperate with me!

Here's a few of the delicious cupcakes that Kassi made. There were a lot more, but we had already packed some up (and Nathan had eaten a few) before we realized that we hadn't taken a picture of them yet.

After all the treats were finished, we packed them up in little boxes so we could deliver them! This is the inside of one of the boxes.

Our original plan was wear our love bug attire, as shown above, and deliver the baskets of Valentiny goodness- but we ran out of time. We actually had a few things that didn't go quite as we planned- but at least we will know better for next year.
After Kassi headed home to get ready for her hot Valentines date, I headed over to deliver one of the boxes to my sister's house.

Bethany enjoying her Valentines sucker!

Melody, hamming it up for the camera!

My two little niecey-poos! So cute. Hope everyone had an awesome Valentines Day! Sorry if you didn't get a basket this year- our treats didn't go as far as we had hoped! Love you all!

0 comments: