Saturday, April 4, 2009

Honeymoon Part 4 - Cabo San Lucas

Well it's Saturday morning- you know what that means? Blog time! Not for too long though, we have a lot going on in the Land-o-Lunt today. More unpacking, cleaning, running around, etc.

Today's post is the finale entry in the honeymoon series. Cabo was probably one of my favorite ports- it was more modern and it we did a lot of really fun stuff. We don't have a ton of pictures though, because our shore excursion wouldn't let us bring cameras, and they were trying to charge us $100 for a disc of the 10 pictures they took- we weren't diggin that.

But anyway...


This is the view we woke up to on Cabo day. We dropped anchor pretty far of the shore, and then took these little tender boats up to the dock.





If see sickness is your weakness, I would NOT recommend these little boats! Luckily neither of us get sea sick, but it was a very wavy and bumpy ride.


This is the view as we coming into Cabo. We had to be up early because we were meeting our group for our shore excursion at 8:00 a.m. Nathan picked the excursion for Cabo, so we did the Canopy Tour. Here is a description of the "Adventure" from their website:
Fast, fun and exhilarating, Cabo Adventure’s Canopy tour combines unique adventure elements with the stunning back drop of the UNESCO protected Boca de Sierra National Park to create the adventure of a lifetime.Fly across a series of incredible Zip Lines through wide open canyons; make your way along the Commando and Burma Bridges before arriving at the Tarzan Swing and unique ascending Zip Lines! Try your hand on our climbing walls and double cross zip lines, experience our 90 foot rappel, then race your friends on the ultimate Tandem Zip line before landing safely back at base camp for a deserved rest with spectacular views over the Boca de Sierra National Park.
I wasn't raised as an out-doorsy type girl, so much of this excursion sound terrifying to me! But I did it because I love my husband, and he assured me that everything would be fine. Since we don;t have any pics, I went to the Cabo Adventures website and grabbed some of these so you could see what we did.



This is the one thing that absolutely scared the crap out of me. It was terrifying. I went so slow and stopped like half way and was so scared I started to cry. Of course, it didn't help matters any when I looked below me and saw 2 big water snakes! But I thought I would be even more scared if anyone else stepped foot on that wire and moved it anyway, so I mustered up the courage to make it to the other side. I had tears pouring down my face- I didn't like feeling so insecure. The other bridge we had to go across I did much better on.



This was a little scary too, but Nathan and I went together. He was my hero and protector- he's a pro at stuff like this and absolutely loves it. Knowing he was just a few steps in front of me, made this bridge way easier!

The thing we did most was zip lines! I actually really liked this! It was awesome because we were up over a canyon and the scenery was gorgeous! The first one was a little rough and I almost ripped my arm off trying to stop- but then they gave me something to put over my shoulders and it was smooth sailing from there. All in all it was a fabulous shore excursion, and Nathan did a great job picking it out. Given the chance I would probably do it again.
Once we were done with the canopy adventure, we had an hour or so before we had to be back on the boat- so we went exploring around the pier. We found a place taking donations for Mexican Wildlife Reserve that had a baby jaguar. It was a good cause so we decided to donate.... Ok, really I just wanted to hold the baby jaguar they had. Honestly, how often in your life do you have the chance to hold a baby jaguar?! He was soooooooo cute!


It was so adorable, he started giving me little baby kisses! His tongue felt like really course sand paper- but it was still cute. I love this picture because it looks like Nathan is thinking "Please don't eat my wife's face"

The hand you see off to the side in this picture is one of the people trying to get him to stop licking me- they were afraid that licks would turn to nibbles. I didn't care- I was just excited to hold the baby!

Isn't he so precious?! I wanted to take him home.

After we were done holding him, he was ready for a nap. He had just had lunch right before we held him, and he was a sleepy boy.

After holding the kitty we decided we wanted to get some authentic Mexican food on our last official day in Mexico- so we stopped by a little place nearby. Nathan got a chicken quesadilla and I got a chicken burrito. I was very yummy! Way better than what they were trying to pass off as Mexican food on the ship! The pictures below are just some snap shots Nathan took while we were waiting for our food.





After lunch we rushed to get back to boat. The boat had to leave at 4:00- it was our shortest day in port- but the funnest!

0 comments: