Sunday, April 19, 2009

just when you thought the wedding fun was over....

A couple weeks after the wedding, we had a fabulous open house up in the north valley, closer to Nathan's family and friends- and I'm FINALLY getting around to blogging about it. There were just so many pictures!! But here it is- better late than never, right?





The cultural hall was decorated so pretty! Nathan's mom did a fabulous job. It was totally cute -there were green and brown and daisies everywhere!! My favorite!



And the food was delicious too! Here's Nathan sneaking a bite before people showed up. The open house was also nice because we had more time to mingle and to actually eat some of the food. We barely got a taste of anything at the reception.




Here's a pic of me and my lil sizzle, Katie. Yeah, we're totally gangsta- just kidding. She's so much fun. It was good to have her there, especially since my other sister, Jessica, wasn't able to make it.


This is me and my best friend Kassi (We're tighter than the Jonas Brothers pants!) She is probably the most awesome person in the entire world. She was my maid of honor and I couldn't have asked for anyone better- always there for me no matter what. She's also the one to thank for most of these pictures. You can always count on Kassi to have a camera!


Nathan and I taking a little break from the receiving line. The pink flowers were given to me as a present from a lady in Nathan's old ward. Since I already had my bouquet, I eventually passed the pink one off to Sydni. She's so cute!


Sydni and Katie really hit it off. They had so much fun together while Katie was there- playing, and dancing, and laughing. They were having a ball!



This is my mom with her little sisters, Lara and Amy. I was so excited that my aunts were able to come to the open house, since niether of them were able to make it the reception. It meant a lot to me to have them there.



Here's a couple more cute pictures of Nathan and I. We had our poses down at this point! Weddings = lots of pictures!




My new nieces Sydni and Madison!


I was thirsty.

So many people made comments about the root beer bottles at both the reception and the open house, because they look so much like beer; not something you typically see at a Mormon reception. It was kind of funny.


I was trying to get Nathan to dance with me at the open house too- but no luck. He pretty much just stood there.

So I got Katie to dance with me instead! She knows how to boogie down!

Katie with her new brother in law. They are BFFs. =p


Taking a break and relaxing with the in-laws. I think they needed the break more than we did. After all, they were the ones that made the whole open house possible- the decorating, the food, the whole nine yards!

After the festivities had come to an end, the family hung around while we opened up our wedding presents. It was a lot of fun to have everyone there- well, almost everyone. I think the boys wound up falling asleep out in foyer. It had been a long night.


As much as I love feeling like a princess and even though the wedding celebrations were totally fin- I am glad it's all over and we're able to get on with real life. Thanks a million to all those who helped make our wedding so unforgetable!

2 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

Yay, I can FINALLY comment!! It was all fun, but I am sure you are kinda glad its all over! I had so many people who checked out your wedding stuff on my blog mention to me how much they love your wedding colors

Kassi said...

You are so sweet, thanks!! And I know when I get married you will be the best Maid of Honor ever!!