Wednesday, April 15, 2009

when the boys are away, the girls will play

On conference weekend, while Nathan was at priesthood session I had my sister and my nieces over for a little girly time. It was so much fun! Here are the photo high lights:


It wouldn't be girls night with out some ridiculously delicious stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut. Mel wasn't as excited about the pizza as she was about the yogurt in my fridge. She loves yogurt. And both of the girls drank up our juice while Jessica and I had soda.

While we were waiting for the pizza to arrive we decided to put in a movie. We were going to watch the final Broadway production of Rent, but since Melody is going through a parrot stage, where she repeats everything she hears, we put in:

Little Einsteins! haha
It's the only children's dvd that Nathan and I have right now.
As you can imagine, Little Einsteins didn't hold the grown ups interest very long, so we busted out the make up and played around.

This is Jessica's ruby slippers inspired look. I love the wizard of oz!
Probably not something you would wear out in public, but definitely fun! Jessica was really excited the fake lashes.



After seeing the big girls playing with the make up, Mel wanted to get pretty too. She sat surprisingly still while I did it all. The whole time I was doing her eyes and cheeks, she kept puckering up and saying "Lips Tarin!" She looked so cute when we were done.


After make up and movie, we busted out our favorite game. Jessica and I have always loved playing Mario Party together. We didn't want the little ones to feel left out, so we gave Mel and Beth wiimotes too- but the let the computer do the hard work.

So we got comfy, popped some popcorn and settled in for a Wii bit of Mario Party goodness.


Cheese!
Mel likes getting her picture taken, but I decided to change things up on her and teach her how it all work from the other side of the camera. I showed her how to push the button and take pictures. Here's a few examples of her work:



Not too bad for a 3 year old first time photographer!

Once Nathan got home, we let him join the fun by taking this picture of us girlies. Then the Stanleys had to skedaddle. It was late and the babies were getting tired. But it was definitely fun while it lasted. We can't wait to do it again!

0 comments: